By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.

"Every man dies, but not every man really lives."

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Back in Spokane

I spent the last five days over in CT with my GIRLFRIEND! I left Spokane last Wednesday and finally got in to BDL, and guess what was there waiting for me? There was this gorgeous lady looking ohhhh soooooo beautiful! Alex ran over to me and gave me a big hug and kiss. Our first kiss!!!! I couldn't believe I was finally able to hold her the way I wanted to weeks ago. This was such an amazing feeling because this solidified my feelings for this girl. The last month of talking on Skype and getting to know her was all real.

Thursday was fun because I was able to finally meet her family. Her father, while intimidating, was funny and made fun of me getting lost. Her mother was so sweet to me, and we all had a great time getting to know each other. I think it went perfect, so I hope it mutual. Only three more weeks till I get to see the family again. I was also able to meet her bro, Chris. He was one of the easiest people to get along with and talk to. Plus he was pretty good at Mario.

Friday was the day of the wedding. I think that went well too, as Alex actually enjoyed me making a complete fool of myself on the dance floor. I think a few drinks in the system loosened me up a ton. Haha! Alex was looking sooo fine in her blue dress. I'm still trying to figure out what color that dress was, because it was impossible to match that color. Anyways, back to the reception..... Big time thanks to Steph for letting me come over to be Alex's date. I had so much fun being there with her.

Saturday and Sunday was time where Alex and I could just spend time together. I wish I could go back and relive this. I miss everything about her! Her eyes and smile, her long brown hair, her tiny little feet! Even her laugh for some reason....haha....JK! It was so sad having to leave her at the airport, but Sunday, October 3rd at 1:30 PM will be a time I will never forget. I love this girl! Three weeks till I get to see her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment